Comprehensive security & continuity features to secure email
Defend against spam, phishing, malware & more
Email is the most-commonly used attack vector for cyber crime. To reduce the risk of data breaches caused by outsider threats and human error, adding an extra layer of security for your email is more than a good idea—it’s essential.
Proofpoint email protection acts as an additional line of defense in your cyber security arsenal. Use it to help safeguard your email from spam, phishing and malware while simultaneously ensuring compliance and business continuity. With the ability to control, secure and monitor inbound and outbound messages, Proofpoint makes it easy for businesses to take a proactive approach towards cyber security.
Core Features and Benefits
Why businesses need email protection:
• 20% of sensitive data stored in the cloud is found in email (Symantec, 2019)
• 48% of malicious email attachments are Office files (.doc, .xls, etc.) (Symantec, 2019)
• 55% of business email received in 2018 was classified as spam (Symantec, 2019)
• 60% of data breaches include either phishing or malware as their method of delivery (Verizon, 2019)
• 96% of malware is delivered via email, making it the most common attack vector (Verizon, 2019)
• 97% is the total share of malware found on Windows OS in 2019 (Symantec, 2019)
• 120% increase in average number of companies targeted by imposter email in 2019 vs. 2018 (Proofpoint, 2019)